Windows SSL certificate
I am running a Windows 2003 server environment. I have a server that has an URL that can be accessed internally. It comes up with a certificate error when accessing the site. I am looking for instructions on assigning an SSL certficate through my network. The site would only need to be accessed internally. Thanks.
October 14th, 2009 7:13pm

a) what is the name format exactly that you are using to access the site - is that something like intranet.domain.local or intranet or ip.ip.ip.ipb) what certificate error exactly do you receive?c) do you have internal certification authority? is that authority Enterprise CA, or standalone CA? are all of your clients domain computers.ondrej.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 14th, 2009 10:48pm

a) The site is our Cisco Call Managerhttps://172.17.1.101/ccmadmin/showHome.dob) "Certificate Invalid The security certificate present by this site has errors. The problem might indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data sent to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage."c) Yes we have an internal certification authority. It is a standalone CA and all of our clients are domain computers.
October 14th, 2009 10:57pm

ok, then go to the IIS web site and on the Directory Security tab you should find the SSL Certifcate section. So generate a new request for Common Name of 172.17.1.101 (because this is what the users are typing into the browser) and then submit the request to the certification authority (either CERTREQ -submit, or GUI). with the certificate that the authority issues go back to the IIS and repeat the SSL wizard to import the issued certificate.then, you have valid certificate for the web site.the next step is to make your CA trusted on client computers.this can be done by using Group Policy object and its node Computer Managmeent / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Public Key Policies / Trusted rootsondrej.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 14th, 2009 11:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics