Windows SBS 2011, existing network found, workaround needed.
We have a Windows SBS 2011 server we're trying to get set up. It's a clean install just performed. While I'm going through the check list from the SBS server console one of the first steps is to connect to the internet. Now the server is connected I can browse the web and all of that jazz. However the wizard will not mark this step complete so that we can continue on because it's complaining about another DHCP server running. The other dhcp server cannot be disabled, we've been instructed that it must stay. We do not want the DHCP server to be running on the SBS server. So how can we get around this so that we can move forward. I've gone into server manager and disabled the DHCP role on the SBS server but that doesn't make a single bit of difference for some reason. Please help!MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+
April 9th, 2012 9:26am

I've already figured out a workaround. Sorry to post and solve like that. The resolution ended up being creating a DWORD and putting it in HKLM > Software > Microsoft > SBS > Networking. The Dword was named SkipDHCPConfig with a hex value of 1.MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 9th, 2012 9:40am

Hello, Thank you for sharing this information. Hope it will benefit the others. By the way, there is a sub-forum for SBS2011 in TechNet. If you have any other concerns or questions regarding SBS, you're welcome to post in here. Thanks Zhang
April 9th, 2012 10:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics