Windows SBS 2003 R2 C: Drive
We have a SBS 2003 R2 Server (Dell Power Edge) which was set up in early 2007. The server was set up by a company as follows, 400 Gb hard drive, 25 Gb for the C: Drive and 375Gb allocated for file storage. The problem is that there is only 1 Gb of free space left on the C: Drive which is proving difficult to add additional software etc. I know that we have WSUS installed but that is throwing up errors like " Connection to the data base failed. Reason=SQL Server does not exist or acces denied...." and " The updateservices service terminated unexpectdedly. It has done this 219 Times". The company has six computers and three Laptops all running XP Pro. My question is 1 - can I safely uninstall WSUS, is this easy, i.evia add remove programs. Is this a sensible thing to do? I was hoping to free up some drive space on C:.I was then hoping to set each computer to recive updates via the Microsoft update site as with the server. Q2- Is it possible to extend the c: partition to add more available space on C:. Thanks in advance for any help and advice. Pete
January 26th, 2009 2:36am

Hi Pete It appears the question is related to SBS. For quick and accurate answers to your questions it's advisable to place them in our SBS newsgroup. Discussions in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs Hope the issue will be resolved soon.David Shen - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2009 11:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics