Windows Remote Desktop (Mac)

Hello:

I'm trying to use Windows Remote Desktop (Mac) to connect from a Mac (OSX 10.9.5) to a pc (Windows 7 Pro). When both laptops are on the same network I can connect without issue (using the destination pc's IP4 address). However, when they are not on the same network I get the error message below* (I use the ISP-provided IP address for this connection). I made sure the ISP router port forwarding settings had the open/end ports (which I got from running the necessary CMDs from my destination pc's dos prompt). I made sure the destination pc firewall settings allowed Remote Desktop connections (public, domain, home/work). What could I be missing? Thanks!

*Error message: 

Unable to connect to remote PC. Please verify Remote Desktop is enabled, the remote PC is turned on and available on the network, and then try again.

March 29th, 2015 8:14pm

Hi Andy,

Which version of MRD MAC you are using for your case?
Please use the latest MRD v 8.0.15 and verify. 

As you have commented, you check every network scenario. Suggest again to recheck the related setting for IP address, firewall, port, user permission access and other things. You can also refer beneath article for information.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473006.aspx

Hope it helps!

Thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 2:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics