Windows PE 2005 with Win2K3 server
don't know where else to post this so picked this location. appologies if it's a wrong one. I'm using Windows PE 2005 CD along with Windows server 2003with SP1 CDto create a boot CD. I am trying to use this CD to boot a Dell PE 2950 in PE and then create an image of it. Every time I create a boot CD (and I've created it successfully many times for desktops) and use it on a server it boots in WinXP rather than Win2K3. Does anyone have an explanation for this? I have tried it many times and went through all the steps very carefully to make sure I'm not having WinXP data somewhere. The other problem I'm having is that when I boot the server in WinXP using this Win PE CD I cannot see the HDD. I'm guessing it's because it can't load raid drivers. Or because those drivers are for Win2K3 and not for WinXP. However, I have confirmed that all raid drivers are on the boot CD. Same with NIC drivers. they're on the boot CD and I got them directly from the server itself. So i'm guessing they should work. I even downloaded raid and nic drivers from Dell website. Still the same result, I cannot see the mass storage or use nic. I tried specifying additional mass storage by pressing F6 but every time I try to specify it, it asks for disk to be inserted into drive A. Unfortunately, I haven't got a floppy drive on this server. Any help would be appreciated. cheers ryan
April 20th, 2007 2:49am

If you happen to check back, this forum is for Windows Server 2008 posts. You might have better luck posting to the Windows Server 2003 newsgroup to get a response. Best of luck. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/serveros/win2003.mspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 5th, 2007 9:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics