Windows NT 4 SP 4 Hangs
I have Dell PC with SCSI controller ( P II ) I rebooted the PC but it hangs on Winnt logo screen . This problem happen with VGA mode too. It is not showing log in screen ' but the mouse and the keyboard are okay ' that is mean the PC was hanging due to wrong driver or any hardware issue. I tried to disconnect any devices expect the SCSI hard disk but the same problem still happening.
August 3rd, 2010 12:24am

Hello, you are aware that you ask about a complete out of support OS verison and then use also not the latest SP6a on it? WHat happened before the problem starts?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 3rd, 2010 12:48am

Hello, Before this problem occured , I just replace the track ball of the keyboard . It works fine at the windows logo . I have the original legal Windows NT 4 SP 4 Cd , The question is if i go through the repair way , does this step affect other programs or just check and replace corrupted windows files only. Thank you for your patience Best regards, Amr ahmad
August 3rd, 2010 4:06pm

hi Amr, please understand that NT4 is out of support as meinolf said, and to add more , the drivers which were manufactured for nt4 no longer exists, and you cannot install the incompatible drivers. So without drivers being supported for VGA , mouse, keyboard other peripherals you cannot troubleshoot. Instead of wasting time on resolving a problem which can never gets resolved, please upgrade your OS to 2008.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2010 10:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics