Windows Mobile Device Center
Hello, I was wondering if anyone may offer assistance into my following delema? I am running Vista Beta 2, Build 5384. I have been unable to sync my Windows Mobile device to the Windows Mobile Device Center. Specifically, I attach it via the USB cable and the device shows as connected. However, after appearing as though my Outlook 2007 data will sync with my device, I recieve the following two error (Support)codes that I have not been able to find anyware: 0x8503001F and 0x85010017. In Outlook, my MSN account is my default data file... just as it was when I used Office 2003 within XP Professional. Obviously, the only difference was that I was using Active Sync 4.1 and 4.2 clientsto sync. I also wish to add that Mobile Device Center gave me the options to choose what data I wanted to sync... it just did not sync it. It kept timeing out after a minute or two. Sorry if this was too much information. I just wanted to be concise. Thank you, Michael
July 14th, 2006 6:56am

Experiencing the same problem except for the error codes. My device kept timing out also ending with an error message "Waiting for Network".
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2006 3:45am

Experiencing the same problem except for the error codes. I went from ActiveSync version found is 4.1 to the upgradeActiveSync 4.2. My device kept timing out also ending with an error message in the detail list; Ping echoed successfully The IP address of device is unknown. Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device. I want to go home.....
July 28th, 2006 7:56pm

Please visit the Windows Help and Support web page found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/default.mspx.
August 5th, 2006 2:30am

I am synching from PDA 5.0 to Outlook 2003. I get one of the error codes you cite: 8503001f (wrong profile). I can't find support nor can I find what (profile) it is talking about. It connects; and I think the other files are synched. But not "contacts". Can anyone point me to a support page for this error code?
August 20th, 2006 5:39pm

My errors were:From Active Sync on my PC - 85010014On PDA - 0x85010014I fixed this problem by removing the the "connection device name" in Active Sync on my PDA and stopping the active syc service.then...hard reset the PDA.then...on my PC, uninstalled the Active Sync software.then...did a "repair" reinstall of MS Office/Outlookthen...reinstalled Active Sync 4.2then...connected my PDA device and started from innitial setup of the device relationship.Lost nothing and syncs fine now...Hope this helps... FYI: Below is thecopy of the Active Sync log file errors...Attempting to connect to deviceDevice operating system version 5.1.195 ActiveSync is performing a sync, please wait......Searching ActiveSync log fileLog start foundError found: p(3404) t(652) TraceToFile -> ERROR in COomSession::DoInitOOMSession : hr = 0x80004005 - OomSession.cpp(175) Error found: p(3404) t(416) TraceToFile -> ERROR in CProfileSession::_CreateNewProfile : hr = 0x80004005 - ProfileSession.cpp(778) Error found: p(3404) t(416) TraceToFile -> ERROR in CProfileSession::GetChangeTrackingVariables : hr = 0x80004005 - ProfileSession.cpp(933) Error found: p(3404) t(416) TraceToFile -> ERROR in CMsgProcessor::ProcessMessage : hr = 0x80004005 - MsgProcessor.cpp(577) Error found: p(3404) t(416) TraceToFile -> ERROR in CService::_HttpPostMethod : hr = 0x80004005 - Service.cpp(1259) A connection problem has been detected for which there is currently no known solution. Please click Send results to Microsoft to help Microsoft develop solutions to these problems.Exiting
August 24th, 2006 2:43am

Doug.....Have you had any responses yet?
August 30th, 2006 3:13am

Did you find a solution to this error message?
August 30th, 2006 5:38am

Yes, but it was too involved. I found a faster remedy. I will post to the other suggestion. Thanks.
August 30th, 2006 7:09pm

Thanks for your help. I found an easire way. Delete the connection profile from your PC. be sure to say "don't delete the files". Reboot PC and Mobile unit. Reconnect. It will establish a new connection profile and hopefully work this time. It did for me.
August 30th, 2006 7:16pm

I have recently upgraded to Norton SystemWorks and Norton Internet Security/Personal Firewall/Anitvirus 2006 bundle. Now I cannot synch my PDA. I have tried reloading everything and also have upgraded Activesync 4.2, as well as following the advice given in the following link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/norton.mspx I have even promoted the Activesync allow access rule to the top of the Norton allowed rules which the guidance does not mention. I get a message "Activesync encountered a problemon the desktop - support code 85010014" and on one occasion "Activesync is cannot begin as you are not able to log on to the network and access information" As fas as I can tell something is blocking permission for the data transfer as Activesync 4.2 opens up and detects the PDA but will not sync the information. My laptop see the device and I can interrogate it to see files on my PDA storage card etc but not sync to Outlook 2003. Anyone any ideas ?
September 7th, 2006 8:11pm

I get the same problem if 8503001f. Could you find a solution? Please comment
September 20th, 2006 8:14pm

I have the same problem on my laptop and desktop. I even removed ActiveSync 4.1 installed 4.2 and removed Norton System works 2006on my laptop. Still the same problem. Did you find anything that works?
September 20th, 2006 11:17pm

I have got the same error message 8503001f been at this for days please can you help Regards
September 23rd, 2006 1:57am

I am synching from PDA 5.0 to Outlook 2003. I get one of the error codes you cite: 8503001f (wrong profile). I can't find support nor can I find what (profile) it is talking about. It connects; and I think the other files are synched. But not "contacts". Can anyone point me to a support page for this error code?
September 27th, 2006 12:37pm

How did you delete the connection profile?
September 30th, 2006 8:37pm

I have had this issue happen at least 2 times/week since I have been using this PDA/Windows Mobile. Is there a persistent issue taking place (Port 990 issue?) to prevent me from having to keep resetting the device/connection? Just looking for a permanent solution. Thanks.
October 25th, 2006 9:53pm

Adrian, are you related to me? I have a nephew named Adrian Lowther. His dad is my brother Fred. Just wondering. If so, hi there. My email is songofruth@hotmail.com If not, hi there. Good luck with your query. Cheers, Ruth Lowther.
November 5th, 2006 8:39am

I'm having the same problem with Norton 2007 did you solve the problem?
November 5th, 2006 7:02pm

Hi Adrian, Do you have any solution ? I'm having the same problem with the Norton 2007
November 5th, 2006 7:11pm

I had the same problem. I have a PPC 6700 on the sprint network with windows mobile 5.0, activesync 4.2 I got the error code activesync support code:85010014. All I did was do a repair of my PST File in outlook (2007 beta) and the error went away. I didnt have to uninstall anything. Not sure if this helps but it works
November 7th, 2006 1:33pm

My problem with the 8****14 message was that my Exchange Server was set for Forms Authentication. It took a while to find that answer!
November 25th, 2006 7:58am

This forum is for general questions related to Windows Server "Longhorn", not Windows Vista. This thread has been locked. Please move it to one of the Windows Vista discussion forums.
November 28th, 2006 4:49am

Just so you know I have just loaded office 2007 and I am having the same problem with the sync. I downloaded the new 4.5 and the problem still appeared. I un-installed the AS and the problem is still there. I beleive that Office 2007 is the issue at this point. I'm looking for a solution. Let me know if you find one. Timothy
February 27th, 2007 11:50pm

I've had the problem with WMDC not syncing twice. Both times, I get the error, Problem with Desktop, and Support Code 0x85010014. Both times, I've opened Outlook, gone to the help menu, and run "Office Diagnostics". It finds 1 error, fixes it, and everything works again. I believe both times, I installed FrontPage 2003 over Office 2007, and got the problem. The Diag fixed it. Good luck, and hope it works for you.
March 26th, 2007 8:58pm

Hi. I am also running Windows Vista home premium and trying to sync an Imate Jas Jam with Outlook 2007. I have exactly the same experience. Have tried reinstalling mobile device software, closing down firewalls, hard resetting mobile device. Have been in contact with Imate who are baffeled at this point. The only suggesstion at this time that I have to try is reformatting the computer? HELP!!!
July 17th, 2008 3:53am

I solved the problem (Error 0x85010017) by changing the view on my Calendar to show All Apointments and then deleting about 6 duplicate calendar items. I then sync'd and it ran like a champ. Microsoft should do a better job with their error messages.
December 5th, 2009 9:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics