Windows Mail Problems
Maybe someone can help me on solution to this problem... Can't send mail on Windows Mail from my regular ISP... help!
June 30th, 2006 2:49pm

Have you configured the SMTP and POP3 mail server addresses provided by your ISP? They're usually something like mail.yourISP.com and pop.yourISP.com. You should check with the ISP what settings to use. You could also try posting this in the Windows Vista Beta Applications discussion forum as this is not a question about Windows Server "Longhorn".
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2006 8:49am

Where the heck do you do that I have looked everywhere
September 16th, 2006 4:23pm

My windows mail problem occurs frequently. I go to reply or to open an email and all I get is a box that is transparent inside, can't read, type, nothing. Sometimes closing wm and reopening will correct it other times I have to reboot. This is happening on a new Gateway notebook, running Vista Home Premium 32 bit. One time also the computer would not shut down, ran all night, the only way to turn it off was to press the power button.
September 27th, 2007 5:44pm

I have the same exact problem. If I shut down windows mail and the open it again it will work fine. My brother has this problem also but can't do anything unless he reboots the computer. Gateway has been unable to help him. We are both running Gateway computers with Vista Home premium 32 bit.
October 16th, 2007 8:21pm

I have the same problem with windows mail I also have a gateway using vista home premium, any way to fix these problem because to see my mails I have to reboot the PC
October 26th, 2007 7:13pm

Well, this is the reason I came to this forum. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm also on a Gateway laptop and running Vista. Same problem - transparent window after I've done a few things on Windows Mail. I try to reply or forward and there is a big, blank window. I also can't empty my deleted items on occasion. Any solutions?
October 30th, 2007 2:26am

I'm encountering same issue on my Dell Latitude 6400. No need to reboot PC. Open Task Manager or Process Explorer and kill the WinMail process. Then restart Windows Mail.
November 8th, 2007 7:29pm

I don't like that solution much either - I downloaded Windows Live Mail and haven't had the problem again.
November 8th, 2007 9:04pm

I tried disabling the Aero Glass Effect and it seems to have resolved the problem...for now.
November 9th, 2007 1:09am

This problem not unique to Gateway computers. My new Toshiba Qosmio with Vista Ultimate is doing the same thing. If I don't find a solution, I'll switch to another EMail program.
November 12th, 2007 5:34pm

I am 4 days into a new Toshiba and am having the same problem. I can;t believe so many of us are having the same problem and there has been no fix. Golf Bum
November 19th, 2007 8:00am

I think this problem is related to McAfee Anti Virus/Spam Killer software preinstalled on systems. Contact McAffee for a "patch file" which is supposed to fix this. Please post your results.
November 22nd, 2007 1:54am

I am having the same problems on Dell xps 410 running Vista. I didn't have any antivirus pre-loaded but have since loaded McAfee Security Center. It doesn't happen all the time but I can say it happens daily. I've read all the posts-the only constant here seems to be Windows Mail! Is anyone reading these posts at Microsoft? Hello...Frankly, I'd prefer to have Outlook Express back. I prefer the old address book back allowing me to have multiple contact groups. I hate having to scroll thru everyone vs my specialized groups.
November 30th, 2007 8:58pm

Ihave the same problem. I try to reply or open an email and all I get is a box that is transparent inside. I can't read or type anything. I must reboot to correct it. Also, when this happens I can't empty my deleted items. Is there no fix out there for this problem?
December 5th, 2007 9:23pm

My wife and I had the same problem... on a HP/Compaq Presario. Seemed to occur more when my wife and I had both used Windows Mail in our separate profiles of WindowsVista (ugh). So I just quit using Windows Mail and my wife's Windows Mail problems decreased some. You can go to this site to download a free utility to help keep Windows Mail operating better... not perfect... just better. http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx I also hate Windows Vista for a number of other reasons. Just ordered and received a new Dell with Windows XP. Nice to have something work again.....
December 13th, 2007 3:41pm

I'm using a Toshiba Equium laptop and its now got so bad that everytime I do one simple task with windows mail this problem is happening. It takes me about four hours to read 20 emails I have to reboot so often. Does anyone from Microsoft actually read these forums and take note? I rang Microsoft I got so fed up, they then told me to speak to Toshiba. I told them the problems and they said they would get back to me within 24 hours. That was three weeks ago! Thank god for my Blackberry!
February 20th, 2008 12:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics