Windows Mail
I have two seperate problems: 1) In Outlook Express we could set up seperate accounts for each email address. We use one email for family, friends, school, etc. and the other for all the other stuff. In Windows Mail all the email from all accounts gets dumped into one big pile. How can we keep the two seperate emails apart? 2) We could also set up Outlook express so that when you logged into an email account you had to type in a password. Windows Mail just opens up and dumps all the new email even though no passwords were typed in. When I go into the account properties the passwords are always gone even though I had them typed in and the remember password box unchecked. What do we need to do so that a password is required to open the email account?
October 25th, 2007 6:16pm

1) You need to set rules on the OE that when you get an email from Acount abc@abc.com the emails needs to go to folder name abc. or when you get an email from xyz@xyz.com the email needs to go to folder name xyz. 2) Go to Windows Mail > Tools > Internet Accounts > Select XYZ Properties > Click on Server Tab > Uncheck this server requires me to log on. Also when setting up an account also was check Outgoing Server requires authentication. NOTE-- This section is only for WS08 issues. For all other Office issues please direct to correct forum name.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2007 9:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics