Windows Logon Timeout

Hi guys,

I would like to know if exist any GPO configuration (setting, script, etc) to make possible set a timeout for Windows Logon Screen, so if the user don't type any user or password (inactivity) for some time, the Windows Logon turns back to Secure Logon Screen (Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to Log On).

I really appreciate your kindly help.

Best Regards,

Daniel

May 26th, 2015 7:45pm

Hi,

I did that, but this configuration is for the users who are already logged. I'm looking for a configuration before the Logon Window. I mean if the user doesn't type anything at some time in the user and password boxes, the Windows Logon disappear and get the Secure Logon (Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to Log)

Best regards,

Daniel

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 1:24am

Hi,

Yes, windows do that by default, but the requirement is for 30 seconds. Is that possible?

Best regards,

Daniel

May 29th, 2015 9:58am

change the timeout
May 29th, 2015 10:10am

When you use the time out setting you configure the Timeout for a user who is already Logged, I need it before Logon.... (windows Logon Screen)
May 29th, 2015 12:28pm

When you use the time out setting you configure the Timeout for a user who is already Logged, I need it before Logon.... (windows Logon Screen)

If you are using Windows8, these articles may be helpful "Console lock display off timeout", which is deemed part of power management plans etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/8267-power-options-add-console-lock-display-off-timeout.html

http://blog.scosby.com/post/2012/12/13/Disabling-Windows-Server-2012-Lock-Screen-Timeout.aspx

I don't think there are Admin Template settings for this item, so, if you try it manually on a test machine, and it suits your need, you could use GP-Preferences to manipulate the necessary registry keys.

Or, do I misunderstand your goal?

May 30th, 2015 1:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics