Windows Live Essentials
"Your current security settings do not allow download of this ... " is the message I get when I try to download Windows Live Essentials or just about ANY download attempt, even if AV-Ware Firewall turned off, and site has been added to TRUSTED sites. I am administrator & owner. Why won't my own computer listen to me!? It does not then offer any means to override the refusal to download, such as in the past when I was using Windows XP and IE6 or 7, which would just ASK me to enter Administrator Password to access refusals. Now on this new laptop it won't do anything for me since update to IE9. A curse upon you IE-9! (Why do IE's simply get worse and less manageable with each new edition ?? 6 better than 7 , 7 better than 9 ?) But in the meantime, until IE-10 is released to bedevil me with new cyber-imps ... what manner of homage & sacrifice might bring this latest E-beast under control, or at least cajole it to deign to grant the great boon of being able to Download anything (not Everything, just ANYTHING) onto this laptop i thought i owned ?? It is a 64 bit machine that came with both IE7 for 32 bit and 64 bit, and both ran fine ... until I was guided astray by others who told me I should get updated to IE9 64 bit. Which is what I am using that allows no downloads for most part, except a rare occasion when it decides for whatever reason to permit something. As far as the 32 but browser, it is now so dysfunctional that half the things clicked on when browsing a page no longer do what they are supposed to; that they used to. Thanks if anyone can guide me home from cyber limbo :(~Peace be with you~
June 27th, 2011 5:43pm

Hi, What system are you running? For Windows Live Essentials issues, please discuss them in the related forum. This is Windows Server forum and therefore we are not the best resource to help you. Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2011 6:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics