Windows Integrated Authentication remove login dialogue box
I have an intranet set up with IIS and it is working fine with windows integrated autehntication. However I have some permissions set and when certain users do not have access they get prompted for their login and I don't want this. I want it to go straight to the access denied page. I read that "In integrated Windows authentication, the browser tries to use the current user's credentials from a domain logon, and if this attempt is unsuccessful, the user is prompted to enter a user name and password. " So I understand this is supposed to happen but I was wondering if there was anyway to not have it prompt for a username and password if the first attemp is unsuccessful.
July 26th, 2010 11:09pm

Hi, You can try explicitly denying the user the permission to access the website and check if it can meet your requirement. If it does not work, I suggest that you post to the IIS forum to confirm if it is possible. http://forums.iis.net/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2010 10:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics