Windows Installer woes on 2003 R2
Hi Guys and Gals My Windows Installer stopped working rather suddenly after a reboot in last week. I've Googled my fingers raw but still cannot find a solution! The Installer service is running but when I try install a program that uses Windows Installer I get the message that the Windows Installer service is not running. This can occur if you computer is running in Safe Mode... I have manually removed the installed and unregistered in from the registry and then re-installed Installer 4.5 but with no luck. I have also tried removing and re-installing service pack 2. No luck there either. I continually get errors like "Unable to register with framework" and my logs are filled with errors from programs that are not functioning correctly. Windows Update can download the updates but cannot install them. I am running Windows 2003 Server R2 64-bit with Service Pack 2. Please can someone help? Thanks Chris
July 7th, 2010 10:58am

Hi, Please try to perform the suggestions in the following link to see whether you can resolve the issue. Error message when you try to add or remove a program on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003: "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 Report Windows Installer Service could not be access [Solved] http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-390-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-access Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 12th, 2010 11:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics