Windows Installer for R2
I need to reinstall Windows Installer. According to Symantec, MSI is corrupt therefore they cannot help. It was corrupted by Symantec product but I'm just can't win can I with finger pointing? Please point to the location where I can download Window Server 2008 R2 64bit compatible installer. Please help. Thanks kris
February 4th, 2011 12:22am

Currently Windows Installer 5 is not available for download which is installed with Windows 2008 Server R2 and Windows 7. What you can do is run sfc /scannow from the run command which should repair any corrupted system files.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2011 1:26am

Hi, Can you install Windows Live Messenger or Office components? If so, Windows Installer is not corrupt. Otherwise, Windows Installer could be correct. Please run SFC first to repair the system files. If the issue persists, we may need to import the Windows Installer related registry. Please backup your registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msiserver. Then download the file from the following site and then double-click it to import the registry. https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=87c429ee-fdb3-47de-88a3-fd5178895c92 Password: Dr1OyOzwJYM{- Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 4th, 2011 6:16am

Hi, How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the issue. Please let me know how things turned out. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 7th, 2011 5:29am

Sorry I was not feeling well. Just came back to work. I will work on this issue now.
February 8th, 2011 10:42pm

I'm getting encountered an error during setup for Office product install as well. Can you please provide info on SFC Repair tool? Is this compatible for Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit?
February 8th, 2011 11:04pm

Found SFC Info: Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Checker Version 6.0 Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. SFC [/SCANNOW] [/VERIFYONLY] [/SCANFILE=<file>] [/VERIFYFILE=<file>][/OFFWINDIR=<offline windows directory> /OFFBOOTDIR=<offline boot directory>] /SCANNOW Scans integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible. /VERIFYONLY Scans integrity of all protected system files. No repair operation is performed. /SCANFILE Scans integrity of the referenced file, repairs file if problems are identified. Specify full path <file> /VERIFYFILE Verifies the integrity of the file with full path <file>. No repair operation is performed. /OFFBOOTDIR For offline repair specify the location of the offline boot directory /OFFWINDIR For offline repair specify the location of the offline windows directory e.g. sfc /SCANNOWsfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dllsfc /SCANFILE=d:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windowssfc /VERIFYONLY
February 8th, 2011 11:08pm

Yes, SFC is built-in function.
February 8th, 2011 11:10pm

But what command options should I issue. I'm running currently /verifyonly option. Here are the results: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Administrator.ONBOARD>sfc /verifyonly Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
February 8th, 2011 11:19pm

Unable to download the file. Please help.
February 8th, 2011 11:26pm

sfc /scannow
February 8th, 2011 11:27pm

Here are the results for SFC /scannow: C:\Users\Administrator.ONBOARD>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
February 8th, 2011 11:46pm

Hi, Thank you for the reply. Have you import the Windows Installer related registry? If not, please have a try: 1. Backup your registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msiserver first. 2. Download the MSIServer08R2.reg file from the following site and then double-click it to import the registry. https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=87c429ee-fdb3-47de-88a3-fd5178895c92 Password: Dr1OyOzwJYM{- Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 9th, 2011 5:34am

I have downloaded. I was able to uninstall. Here's how: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/8fccfcb4-aff7-4588-b9d3-dbed1aeaa9cc Thank you!!!
February 9th, 2011 5:07pm

I seem to have the same issue can you make the .reg file available so I can also down load
July 3rd, 2011 2:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics