Windows Index Services and freetext searches don't work in Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 but works in 2003.
I created a catalog in windows index services called Catalog. In 2003, I can use either of the two vbscripts to connect to the catalog and do free text searches to return results. The process doesn't return any results if I run it from Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 even under an administrative command prompt or with UAC disabled. Any suggestions to get this part of the index service working would be greatly appreciated. '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ' query.vbs to query windows index services ' ' Using MSIDXS Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConnection.ConnectionString = "provider=msidxs;" objConnection.Properties("Data Source") = "Catalog" objConnection.Open strText = "Text to search" Set objCommand = CreateObject("ADODB.Command") strQuery = "Select Path from Scope() Where " _ & "Freetext('%" & strText & "%')" Set objRecordSet = objConnection.Execute(strQuery) Do While Not objRecordSet.EOF wscript.echo objRecordSet("Path") objRecordSet.MoveNext Loop '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ' query.vbs to query windows index services ' Using IXSSO Set objQuery = CreateObject("ixsso.Query") strText = "Text to search" Strquery = "{freetext}" & strText & "{/freetext}" ' Set it's properties With objQuery .Catalog = "Catalog" ' Catalog to query .Query = strQuery ' Query text .MaxRecords = 100 ' Max # of records to return ' What to sort records by. I'm sorting by rank [d] ' which is [d]escending by how pertinent Index Server ' thinks the result is. This way the most applicable ' result should be first. .SortBy = "rank [d]" ' Which columns to return. Column names must ' be the same as the catalog's properties. Some ' of them are: contents, filename, size, path, ' vpath, hitcount, rank, create, write, DocTitle ' DocSubject, DocAuthor, DocKeywords... .Columns = "filename, path, vpath, size, write, " _ & "characterization, DocTitle, DocAuthor, " _ & "DocKeywords, rank, hitcount" End With ' Get a recordset of our results back from Index Server Set rstResults = objQuery.CreateRecordset("nonsequential") ' Get rid of our Query object Set objQuery = Nothing ' Check for no records If rstResults.EOF Then wscript.echo "Sorry. No results found." wscript.quit Else varRecordCount = rstResults.RecordCount ' Loop through results Do While Not rstResults.EOF wscript.echo rstResults.Fields("Path") ' Move to next result rstResults.MoveNext Loop End If
June 7th, 2011 3:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics