Windows Image Acquisition service not present
Hi, I'm trying to print an image from Windows Server 2008 using a freeware image editor (Paint.NET). Whenever I try to print, an error message stating 'The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) library, "wiaaut.dll" is unavailable.' The program FAQ states that this error means that the WIA service is not running, but a look in the Services console in Server Management and msconfig reveal that the service is not even present. Is there any way to get this service on the server at all?
June 18th, 2010 12:09pm

Hi MadMart12, As Paint.NET is a third-party program manufactured by a company independent of Microsoft, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. I suggest contacting the manufacturer of Paint.NET for direct assistance. Thank you for your understanding. Here’s the link for your convenience. http://forums.getpaint.net/ Additionally, I found a similar problem on Pain.NET forum for your reference. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/736-error-with-acquire/ Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Regards, Karen Ji This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. On July 1st we will be making this forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the General Forum. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the General Forum. On June 11th, CSS engineers will move any new threads to the General Forum. Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2010 11:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics