Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule.
Hi you all Im using Windows Server 2008 SP2 for which im trying to clean up the EventLog. Now i stuck at the following Warning which keeps poppin into my event log:Log Name: SecuritySource: Microsoft-Windows-Security-AuditingDate: 28.09.2009 12:51:44Event ID: 4957Task Category: MPSSVC Rule-Level Policy ChangeLevel: InformationKeywords: Audit FailureUser: N/AComputer: <Servername>Description:Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule: Rule Information:ID:CoreNet-Teredo-InName:Core Networking - Teredo (UDP-In) Error Information:Reason:Local Port resolved to an empty set.Does someone know, what this means? we have a lot of these events with various ID's, Names and Reasons. If this event can be ignored, is there a possibility to disable it?Thank you very much in advance!.willcee
September 29th, 2009 9:51am

the port/process/protocol is not opened locally, so the filtering does not apply the rule. don't you have IPv6 disabled?o.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 29th, 2009 9:53am

the port/process/protocol is not opened locally, so the filtering does not apply the rule. don't you have IPv6 disabled?o. Do you mean "Do you have IPv6 disabled"?We're getting this a ton as well... we're running W2K8 SBS - and no... IP6 is NOT disabled (SBS barks real loud if you try and disable it).Is it ok to disable this rule on the firewall? I don't exactly understand WHAT it's doing, or not doing.
January 21st, 2010 9:15pm

Maybe this: http://www.ultimatewindowssecurity.com/securitylog/encyclopedia/event.aspx?eventID=4957 will help? Good luck! providing business solutions ..... online fax
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2010 2:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics