Windows Failover Clustering - Configure Generic Application (App: SilverShield)

Hi All

Currently I have a failover clustering configured containing 2 disks and both online

I'm in a process of testing failover with a specific app named SilverShield for SFTP

I've added the app as Generic Application and I've simulated the failover of the app and it seems that the app (.exe) fails over to the 2nd node, what I'm battling with is to connect to the SFTP site which I've created for testing using the same settings as it fails because it cannot reach the mentioned IP address

Thank you all in advance

• Edited by jsibeko 20 hours 35 minutes ago
March 31st, 2015 6:25am

Could you show us the resources assigned? Below shows a file service, but you should see similar for your configuration.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 11:18am

Hi Tim and thank you for your response

Below is the screenshot of the resources

March 31st, 2015 2:26pm

Interesting.  You have two IP addresses assigned to this cluster object.  Are you expecting to use both these addresses for accessing the application?  If so, what are the uses defined?  Are they both defined for Cluster and Client use?  Generally you have a single IP address as the address by which the resource is accessed and it is configured for Cluster and Client use.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 7:22pm

Hi Tim

I thought it was best practice to have more than one network adapter (Private network) should network failure occur

What would be best practice in my case?

Thank you

April 1st, 2015 2:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics