Windows Failover Cluster (Errors retrieving file shares)

I'm having an issue with Windows Failover Cluster with a Windows Server 2012 R2  machine. I have two cluster nodes (nodeA and nodeB). My issue is that when nodeA is the owner node, and I open failover cluster manager  <clusterName> >> roles >> <fileserver role> >> shares tab it will hang and say that it is loading, but this will occur infinitely. Although when I go to nodeB (not the owner node) and I go to shares it will show me all of the shares that I have. Next when I go to <clusterName> >> Nodes  >> click on Roles tab the information says "There were errors retrieving file shares."

Now when I switch the nobeB to the owner node, I cannot view the shares on that machine but can now view them on nodeA. 

We alse have a test network where I have recreated the machines, environment and the failover cluster to as close as the production network as I can except everything works great in the test network 

December 6th, 2013 7:23pm

Hi,

Could you provide more information about your environment.when  this problem occurs the system log record information, screenshots is the best information.

More information:

Event Logs
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722404.aspx

Thanks.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 11th, 2013 5:10am

Did you ever figure this out?  I have seen this on both WS2012 and WS2012R2 clusters.
March 14th, 2014 4:35pm

Hello dbOFFICE

I have 4 clusters in 4 differents office and I have the same problem in all my clusters... share tab hang for some minutes before I can share a folder on a fileserver role.

I not yet find any solution...... and you ?

June 3rd, 2014 11:38am

After 3 or 4 month without any solution, I try to desable the sharing wizard (in the explorer display options) and my problem is resolved !
June 3rd, 2014 2:34pm

For anybody searching on this later...

I was getting "There were errors retrieving file shares" no matter which node of my cluster owned the fileshare service.  Turns out my problem was that my servers don't have internet access and I had set a system proxy.  The fix described in the link below was to exclude the local domain from the proxy.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2012/12/03/cluster-aware-updating-cau-interaction-with-proxy-servers.aspx

August 11th, 2014 2:52pm

Basically what I found to be the cause is that the winrm listener was not running on the cluster nodes.

Once I executed winrm qcfire and created the listener everything started to work correctly

April 1st, 2015 11:54pm

Thanks, drabbitt!

I have enabled IPv4 Filter for winrm service  in group policy to restrict available interfaces for remote management and after that in failover clustering I get this error when try to enumerate clustered shares.

April 3rd, 2015 4:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics