Windows Domain user login Failure on Windows 2003 with SP2 / R2 servers
Hi, I have my application running on Windows 2003 server with service pack 2. Through my application user can provide windows user name and password for authentication. The login is failed on Wind2003(SP2) and Win2003 R2 servers even after providing correct user name and password. I tested it on Win2003 SP1 server and user login is successfull. I tried bit research on internet and gone through the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954387 on MS KB however the login failed even after following the workaround. Can you help me to resolve this issue on Window 2003 (SP2/R2) platform ASAP? Thanks, Raghu
September 20th, 2011 9:41am

Hi Raghu, Thanks for posting here. So are you running in a workgroup environment ? Please first verify the current LMCompatibilityLevel key entry on Win2003 SP1 server and duplicate the setting to problematic Windows Server and reboot it to test. This setting can also be configured in the following group policy : Network Security : LAN Manager Authentication Level If still won’t work , I suspect there must some other reasons cause this issue. Is this a customized application ? Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 21st, 2011 1:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics