Windows Deployment Services
I'm run on VMWARE Workstation. There is vm which running Active Directory, DNS, DHCP roles. OS is Windows Server 2008 R2. I'm installed Windows Deployment Roles. However when one of test client boot and i press F12, the message show as below: TFTP Download: boot\x64\pxeboot.com Press any key to restart. After test client reboot, then it will able to starting windows installation. However, sometime is not, end up another error. On WDS server, already select - Do not listen to port 67 - Configure DHCP option 60 Please help
June 28th, 2010 12:33pm

Hi Suriya25, In order to narrow down the issue, please provide information below. 1. After you press f12 key, do you see the boot image screen? If you only have one boot image, you will not see the boot image screen for your selection, only the loading bar will appear. 2. You said that when the client is rebooted, there will be another error. What exactly is the error? 3. Does this issue occur only on one client or all the client? 4. Are there any error events on WDS server? To view the event logs, follow these steps: 1) Open Server Manager, and then click Diagnostics. 2) Click Event Viewer. 3) Click Applications and Services Logs. 4) Click Microsoft, click Windows, and then click Deployment-Services-Diagnostics. 5. Can you capture the screenshot of the pxeboot process and upload it to the Skydrive and provide us with the link? Regards, Karen JiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2010 1:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics