Windows Default settings changed
Hi, By normal scenario C drive shows following folders. Program files, Windows, Doc. and Setting (profile folder) But some times it shows the pagefile.sys under C drive with 2.5 GB along with some other files also. By default Pagefile.sys where would be locate? Because I searched normal PC in C drive, I can't found. In Doc. and setting I can see the dual profile folder like all users and all users.windows, xxx and xxx.domain.com, local services and local services.NT authority I trying to delete both folders, all users I can do but all users I can't do. I think the actual setup is not like this one and I worried about this changes since it may virus activity also. So I ran the full scan also, no virus found. Thanks Mani SThanks & Regards, Mani S
September 10th, 2011 9:34pm

Those are normal files and folders. Deleting them will cause instability on your machine. The reason you are seeing them is a setting in Explorer named 'Show hidden files and folders'.If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer". Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP [Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2011 9:45pm

Some of the profiles may be a result of join/disjoin domain while others may be the result of a repair or over-the-top install of windows. Control Panel|System|Advanced to check the pagefile dettings. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
September 10th, 2011 10:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics