Windows Could Not Load Installer For Volume
I have been trying to install a Seagate external USB drive for a customer on their Windows Server 2003. I keep receiving the error 'Windows could not load the installer for volume'. I have implemented a suggested solution which involved replacing .dll files such as sfcfiles.dll but this has not worked. Has anyone experienced this before or let me know other possible solutions? Thanks
November 19th, 2009 1:01pm

Anyone?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 20th, 2009 2:16pm

hi there, Thank you for posting in winodws server forums,I have seen this issue being posted inseagate forums, i would consider you to post the query in the forum to check if their dll / sys file isplaying a vital role in enumeration.http://forums.seagate.com/stx/board/message?board.id=onetouch&thread.id=4823when ever you plug in the usb , the pnpmanger will enumerate the device, so i suspect if their sys file is not getting enumerated .could you try testing this with multiple servers and test the behavior ? Also i would recommend you to check it on xp try performing sfc /scannow and you could try.does your device gets detected in device management ?
November 21st, 2009 4:11pm

Have already tried sfc /scannow and made no difference. The drive is listed in device manager but just as 'disk drive' and not Seagate USB device
November 25th, 2009 3:13pm

hi driverit, Did you had a chance to talk to the seagate about the issue ? , and can you try hook this disk on to another computer and test the behavior ?
November 26th, 2009 4:14am

I had a look on their forums but dont believe it is a Seagate issue. Also get the same error with an Iomega drive. I have tried the disk on another PC and installs without any problems
November 26th, 2009 12:50pm

Anyone have any further suggestions? I am still struggling with this issue
December 8th, 2009 8:32pm

Hello driverit,Check syssetup.dll to make sure it's the correct version.Compare the one in c:\windows\system32 with the one is the dllcache folder.You may even want to rename both of those and re-run sfc /scannow and let it request the file from the correct sourceThanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
December 8th, 2009 10:10pm

I have tried your suggestion Darrell and still the same issue. Any other things I can try?
December 9th, 2009 1:50am

Hello driverit,Run sigverif and report back which files are not signedThanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
December 9th, 2009 5:03am

Darrell Have run sigverif and files not signed are below. At the start of the scan I kept receiving message 'Windows could not load installer' for various devices acfpdf.txt acpdf300.dll acpdfui300.dll dvimgmsg.dll faxware.dll faxware.gpd faxware.ini faxwdrv.dll hpbhealr.dll hpbmmon.dll hpc11505.gpd hpc11505.xml hpc1150b.ini hpc13155.gpd hpcdmc32.dll hpcevt05.dll hpcljx05.hlp hpcrd05.dll hpcsch05.dtd hpcstr05.dll hpcui05.dll hpdomon.dll hplj3in03.exp hpprn05.dll hpsmac05.gpd img.gpd Thanks
December 10th, 2009 12:40am

Hello Driverit,Could be log file corruption in catalogsFirst stop the crypto services: Net stop cryptosvcTHen lets rename c:\windows\system32\catroot2 to c:\Windows\system32\oldcatroot2Then start the crypto service: Net start cryptosvcNow reboot the machine.Note do not rename catroot folder just the catroot2 folder.Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
December 10th, 2009 8:44pm

Hi Darrell Tried the above and still the same I am afraid. Any other possible solutions?
December 11th, 2009 12:46am

Hello Driverit,You may have catalog corruption( *.cat files in catroot folder), so you may need to open a support case to get that resolved.Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
December 11th, 2009 1:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics