Windows Contacts folder uncustomizable
Hello, the Windows Contacts (c:\users\myname\contacts) do not work correctly. The toolbar is missing several options that should be there (New Contact, New Contact Group etc); actually, it is just a normal folder. All solutions I found say that you must "re-customize" that folder using rightclick/properties/customize and then select "Contacts" as template. BUT: I do not have a customize tab on that folder! Besides, when i select another folder which i do can customize, there is no "Contacts" template in the dropdown menu. Only Music/Video/ etc. Please help. The computer is running Windows Server 2008 R2 standard.
June 15th, 2011 5:13pm

Hi, Type Contact in Start --- Search, it should show the Contacts as a program. Open it and it should provide the window you would like to get.Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2011 5:57am

Type Contact in Start --- Search, it should show the Contacts as a program. Open it and it should provide the window you would like to get. Hello, if only it were so simple! ;) When i click on the "Contact" entry in Start - like you suggest - it opens that folder (c:\users\myname\contacts) in a very normal explorer window; no additional options there. P.S. i am missing those extra extries in the tool-bar (New Contact, New Contact Group,...) visible in this screenshot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_Contacts.png My tool-bar for that folder looks like every other explorer window, no special "contact"-related entries anywhere.
June 22nd, 2011 5:12am

Is it a Domain Controller? I tried on member servers and Contacts works fine via my steps, but there is no Contacts in DC.TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2011 9:43am

Is it a Domain Controller? I tried on member servers and Contacts works fine via my steps, but there is no Contacts in DC. No Domain Controlling. I also tested it on another installation of Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and that has a non working contacts folder as well. Here is a screenshot of my "c:\users\myname\contacts" folder: http://img159.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=47002_kontaktefenster2_122_120lo.jpg
July 1st, 2011 10:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics