Windows Cannot verify the digital signature... (Code 52)
Hi, I'm getting a frustrating error when installing some physical hosts. Dell M600 and M610 blades to be precise. Installed with Windows 2008 R2, all hot fixes, latest drivers and Hyper-V role A random error occurs on some physical hosts “Windows Cannot verify the digital signature...(Code 52)" see below for the full error. It has occurred on one server for the Dell System management device, always occurs for Broadcom BASP team driver, and on one server for Virtual CloneDrive (ISO reader). I have tried recreating the CATroot2 folder... not sure what else to try... The Windows 7 not showing DVD drive error (same error) fix won't install on a server. Tried removing driver and re-adding. The error: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change mght have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)" Any ideas?
November 9th, 2010 12:23am

Have you tried to ask to Dell Customer Service ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 9th, 2010 6:29am

Hi, As this issue is related to the Dell System management device, please contact Dell for direct assistance. Tim Quan
November 10th, 2010 1:24am

Hi, The issue that it is occurring at random , not just the dell management controller. but also the Broadcom Teaming device driver and Virtual CLonedrive driver. On one server the management controller is OK and Virtual CloneDrive is OK. I've logged the call with Dell.... but I suspect that they will say Microsoft OS issue not Dell Hardware. Ray
November 11th, 2010 12:24am

Hi Ray, Thank you for the reply. This issue is probably caused by a unsigned driver. Now please send the File Signature Verification log to me according to the following steps: 1. Click "Start" button, type "sigverif" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search Bar and press Enter. 2. Click the "Start" button to make a check. 3. After checking, please click “Close” and “Advanced” button. 4. Click View Log button and then a log file will be displayed. 5. Click “File” and save as a "SIGVERIF.TXT" file on the desktop. 6. Upload it to https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=32095082-ab1f-4cd2-a223-63db8b91535b Password: Ch7Hc53K3LjGM-i] Meanwhile, please check your event logs and write down the error messages. Tim Quan
November 11th, 2010 1:10am

Any update?
November 14th, 2010 9:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics