Windows Backup Error 7031
Hello! Today I installed a fresh copy of Windows Server 2012 Standard (with GUI) on one of my test PCs in my test network. I then installed ADDS, Certificate Services, Windows Backup and used Windows Backup for the first time to make a backup of this test configuration. A couple of hours later I ran Windows Backup for the second time and got this error: "Event 7031 The Block Level Backup Engine Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times." I removed and then reinstalled Windows Backup but to no avail... This test domain controller worked only for two hours (it was a single working PC in my test net) and is now suffering such an issue. I wonder what could happen should I set up a Windows Server 2012 DC in my production environment... The test network does not connected to the Internet and a virus can't be the cause of this issue. Best regards, Michael
March 20th, 2013 1:39pm

Hi, Sometimes other installed software could cause this issue. Have you installed ManageEngine AssetExplorer Agent? If so, please uninstall it and try again. Regards, Cicely
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 22nd, 2013 9:40am

Hi, There's no any software installed on this test DC - only Win Server 2012 Standart...
March 22nd, 2013 9:44am

P.S. Seems the only way to solve this problem is to reinstall WIndows...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 22nd, 2013 9:45am

I had a similar problem on a server running 2012 and a DC in a live environment. In the end, had to use third party software as re-install was not a viable option.
April 24th, 2013 1:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics