Windows Azure Backup Integration Service Fails

Hi all,

Running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, I am using Windows Azure Backup to backup my personal files.

If I open the Windows Azure Backup console, I can see that the backups are successful on every run, twice a day, but the backup status in the Dashboard is Unknown. The cause for the Unknown status seems to be the Windows Azure Backup Integration Service is stopped. I can start the service, but restarting the Dashboard causes the service to crash.

The log file reports the following:

[6804] 140113.210216.1249: OnlineBackupProvider: QueryOnlineBackupData: Throttling setting: False, 0, 0, 0, 0
[6804] 140113.210216.1406: OnlineBackupProvider: _UnhandledExceptionHappened: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.OnlineBackup.OnlineBackupJob.Equals(OnlineBackupJob job)
   at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.OnlineBackup.OnlineBackupProviderCore.<>c__DisplayClass46`1.<GetOnlineBackupObjectUpdateList>b__44(T currObject)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.OnlineBackup.OnlineBackupProviderCore.GetOnlineBackupObjectUpdateList[T](List`1 originalList, List`1 updatedList)
   at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.OnlineBackup.OnlineBackupProviderCore.UpdateOnlineBackupData()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

January 13th, 2014 4:15pm

Hi Richard,

I suspect there are some unexpect values in your backup job history logs, could you please follow this way:

1. Stop Windows Azure Backup Integration Module Service,

2. Clear event log under Applications and Services Logs\CloudBackup\Operational,

3. Start Windows Azure Backup Integration Module Service.

In Dashborad, your previous backup history logs will be lost, but actually the files your have backuped are still in cloud, and you can restore from them later.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2014 12:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics