Windows Authentication is not working at folder level.
Iam facing a trivial case with Windows Authentication feature on IIS 7 server. I have website hosted on IIS6 www.example.com for which i set windows authentication for www.example.com/logs which is prompting with a authentication window. I took the same code base to IIS7 server and when setting windows authentication www.example.com/logs and browsing it, it is not prompting authentication windows. Instead it is redirecting to www.example.com. I tried many ways to resolve this issue and found few trivial cases like: 1) Windows authentication window is prompted when i try to browse a file under logs folder i.e. www.example.com/logs/test.txt 2) I Hosted the same code on other IIS 7 server and case see windows authentication is working properly their for logs folder. I came to a conclusion it is something problem with the server where windows authentication is not getting applied to folder level. I even checked in IIS manager for Windows authentication feature under IIS. It is also installed. Can you please help me in fixing this issue or can you please recommend some other alternative for providing security access to logs folder. Thanks
May 29th, 2012 1:14am

Hi, Please visit IIS to get a better resolution: http://forums.iis.net/ Thanks for your understanding! Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2012 4:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics