Windows Agent failover in SCOM 2012

Experts,

I read that windows agents in SCOM 2012 failover to any management servers unless configured by powershell script to failover to particular management server.

My question is how long agent waits for his parimary management server failure before failing over to next management server? Can that setting be modified?

Many Thanks!

July 2nd, 2013 11:12pm

You're right ! There are quite a few scenarios you can have setup with failover agents, Cameron Fuller wrote a great article detailing how agent failovers work:

http://svopsmgr.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/failover-process-explained-for-opsmgr-2012/

In regards to your question, they failover as soon as the management server is deemed unavailable.

I do not believe the setting can be modified as the agent depends on the management server.

July 3rd, 2013 12:30am

Experts,

I read that windows agents in SCOM 2012 failover to any management servers unless configured by powershell script to failover to particular management server.

My question is how long agent waits for his parimary management server failure before failing over to next management server? Can that setting be modified?

Many Thanks!

approximately it takes several seconds and if no failover MSs it retries every 1 minute...suppose it can't be modified in spite of some registry entries like RetryAttempts, RetryDelayMs.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 11:08am

Thanks Experts!

Last time we lost our Management server for 5 minutes and agents did not switched to other. So I was wondering if I can find default time before agent fails to other server

July 3rd, 2013 11:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics