Windows Active Directory User Have Two IP when performing NSLookup

Hi,

My environment have two AD. One primary and another one is secondary. When we add new object in the primary then it will replicate to secondary also.

My First AD is : 10.11.2.28

My Second AD is : 10.11.2.29

I have one problem here when performing nslookup to certain object at my active directory. Example i have one object user call abc.example.local. When i perform nslookup as below :

C:\Users\Administrator>nslookup abc
Server:  svr-dc1.example.local
Address:  10.11.2.28

Name:    abc.Example.Local
Address:  10.11.2.232

C:\Users\Administrator>nslookup 10.11.2.73
Server:  svr-dc1.example.local
Address:  10.11.2.28

Name:    abc.Example.Local
Address:  10.11.2.232

Both nslookup reply to the same user object althought it was different IP. May i know any reason that can cause on the issue?

The 10.11.2.73 actually refer to the our printer IP.

Regards,

Zahir

July 5th, 2013 12:05am

Could be you've got a stale reverse dns PTR record. Within DNS Manager expand Reverse Lookup Zones and then 2.11.10.in-addr.arpa, assuming you see a list of your 10.11.2.x IP addresses listed check what the record for 10.11.2.73 is currently pointing to, I'd suspect that it is pointing to abc.example.local (there may also be a second entry for the record you would actually expect to see), perhaps reflecting some historical home for that record. If it is there then you can delete the old record.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2013 12:52am

Hello,

please assure the DNS zones does only contain one A record for the computer, if there are moire listed then configure aging/scavenging according to http://blogs.technet.com/b/networking/archive/2008/03/19/don-t-be-afraid-of-dns-scavenging-just-be-patient.aspx

July 5th, 2013 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics