Windows Activation Issues - 0xd000009a - Windows 2008 R2
Winodws 2008 R2, using Windows Volume Licensing, and a KMS license activation server. At times, when I log in to the server, it reports that it is not a genuine copy. I then go through the steps to make it genuine, and it then gives me the following error: "A problem occurred when Windows tried to activate. Error Code 0xD000009a. for a possible resolution click More Information. Contact your sytem administrator for assistance." When I click on More Information I get "the following information was found for this error: Code 0xd000009a Description Unable to find a detailed error description. Unknown facility code of 0x1000 (4096L) facility error: 0x9a (154L) If I restart, the server becomes genuine again, and then some time later, if I need to login (varying lengths of time), I get the not genuine issue again. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I don't find anything in the error logs to coincide with the issue
March 25th, 2011 3:21am

Hi, I suggest discussing this issue in our Microsoft Genuine Advantage forum. They should be the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/genuine/ Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2011 4:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics