Windows 8.1 User accounts are being locked out over VPN

Hello,

The issue that I am having is users are logging into their Windows 8.1 laptops using cached credentials.  Then they log into the VPN and once on the VPN they try access some file share on the corporate network.  They are unable to access the network shares and when I check their user accounts the accounts have been locked out.  This is not an issue with out Windows 7 laptops. 

Our domain account lockout policy is set to 5 try and we are running Windows 2008 R2 domain controllers in our forest.  Have cached credentials changed in Windows 8.1? 

Any help on this issue would be most appreciative. 

Thanks,

Joel

May 30th, 2015 2:44pm

I would recommend asking them here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=w8itpronetworking
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 31st, 2015 2:38pm

Hi Joel,

we use a combination of Win7 and Win8.1 devices in our organization, and many of those are laptops and some tablets.

We make extensive use of cached credentials for these mobile devices, and our VPN solution is not integrated with WinLogon, so the VPN can only be started some time after cached credential logon.

We don't have this lockout problem you're describing, so, I don't think that anything significant has changed in Win8.1 to cause this.

Maybe there is something else in your environment (security settings or software, or, application software, or, mappings or scripts) causing this for you?

May 31st, 2015 5:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics