Windows 7 folder redirection working for newly created users but not existing users
Hi, My client moved from a 2003 server to a 2008 server. They were using folder redirection and both xp and windows 7 machines were working fine. However the previous IT company had a mess with the old Group Policy scripts so I deleted them all and started from scratch with the new Windows 2008 Server. I have enabled folder redirection and all XP users are working. None of the windows 7 users are working unless i create a new user or log into a windows 7 computer from a profile that hasn't logged into that PC. I'm stumped at what would cause the win7 previous users from not being able to use the feature...any ideas what is causing this behavior?Brad Nelson MCSE/DCSE/A+/Network+/WCSP
June 27th, 2012 2:56pm

Hi, Based on research, some customers who upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista or installed the Windows 7 beta version have this similar issue. If so, please perform clean install with Windows 7 RTM. If the problem continues, to narrow down the issue, please confirm the following information. Is your Windows 7 Client in a same OU where the XP clients reside?Does this issue exist for all group policies or just the folder redirection?Can you run "gpupdate /force" to force GPO applied to Windows 7 computer successfully? If not, what's the error message you got?On the DC, open GPMC, right-click Group Policy Results, choose Group Policy Results Wizard, follow the wizard to collect a Group Policy result for problematic Windows 7 client.On the Windows 7 machine where GPO failed to apply, please perform the following steps to collect log files: a) Please add the specified registry key to enable group policy log (%windir%\debug\usermode\gpsvc.log), and remove or rename it to disable group policy log after collecting data. You may need to create the Diagnostics key if it is not there. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics Type: DWORD Value: GPSvcDebugLevel Data: 0x30002 (hexadecimal) b) Then on the problematic Win7 machine, run command gpupdate /force. c) Then on the problematic Win7 machine, run command gpresult /v > gpr_win7.txt, send me gpr_win7.txt file. d) On the problematic Win7 machine, run command eventvwr, then expand to Applications and service logs -> Microsoft -> windows -> groupPolicy -> Operational. Right-click on it and click save event as. Save the file as .evtx format and send it to me. e) After that, please send me the above output files. (please zip them first and then send them to me). - %windir%\debug\usermode\gpsvc.log - gpr_win7.txt - win7.evtx Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the GPMC result and the zip files, and then give us the download address. Hope this helps! TechNet Subscriber Support If you areTechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Lawrence TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2012 11:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics