Windows 7 cliets fail to get policies from a Windows 2000 Active Directory
· I have new installed clients with windows 7 OS. The problem is, that when I'm trying to use my domain admin user, i have NO admin rights (such as add security privileges on folders, save changes on hosts file, etc). Also, when I go to My Computer-->Mange -->Local Users And Groups -->Groups--> Administrators I lack of the "Domain Admins" group which should be automatically added when I associate the pc to my domain. Instead there's this unrecognized question mark whick led me to believe there's a problem between my windows 2000 Active Directory and the new win7 clients. I double checked it when i entered the Active Directory and tried to Ping the win7 client computer name- got Request Timed Out. So in coclusion, Problems with active directory makes trouble with both admin users and regular users trying to use different programs but get all kinds of "access dined" and "access to the path c:\..... denied" errors. Need your help a.s.a.p, I really appreiate it Limor
December 2nd, 2010 4:00am

Hello, by default the firewall is enabled and you have to allow ICMP so you can ping the Windows 7 machine. Please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the Windows 7 machine and the DC/DNS server of the domain. Is the Windows 7 machines in it's own OU with the needed GPO linked to? Did you run gpresult /v or rsop.msc on the Windows 7 machine to see which GPOs are applied?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2010 5:55am

Hi, Additionally, I also would like to suggest you perform the following troubleshooting steps: 1. Make sure that the hardware drivers and the Windows 7 operating system are up to date. 2. Disable User Account Control (UAC) to test the issue. 3. Try to change and apply the policy “Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”. 4. Disjoin and rejoin the Windows 7 client to your domain. For more information, please refer to the following TechNet articles: User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx Network security: LAN Manager authentication level http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738867(WS.10).aspx Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 2nd, 2010 9:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics