Windows 7 Ultimate cannot connect to Microsoft server 2000
Hi All, Just changed my PC and it came with windows 7 Home premium, all appeared to work OK until i attempted to connect to one of our network PC's. I can see the PC (windows server 2000) and when i attempt to connect i am requested to type a username and password. I type in the standard username and password but the connection is rejected. I try using alternative credentials but see the system appears to indicate i am in a domain. we are not we operate a workgroup and dont have issues with XP or Vista. I can remote access the 2000 server same username and password no problem so it is not the password etc.. I was requested to update to windows 7 ultimate so I have (another £105) but this does not appear to have resolved anything. Please can someone help if not windows 7 is a backword step for me.
January 25th, 2010 2:35pm

Hi Next I.S.I would like to get few more detailed information about the environment Have you upgraded your windows 7 hoome edition to ultimate or still running home edition ?Does windows 2000 server and windows 7 belongs to domain or workgroup ?windows 2000 server and windows 7 are on same subnet or different subnet ?Please do provide unedited ipconfig /all output from windows 2000 server and windows 7 Are you able to access shares from any other server using windows 7 ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2010 4:46am

Hi, Try to run "gpedit.msc" on Win7 and change the following policy: [Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Network security: LAN Manager authentication level] Change it to "send LM & NTLM responses".Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
January 29th, 2010 5:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics