Windows 7 Pro in Server 2008 Enterprise Domain problems...
Hello, I've recently upgraded my main server from Server 2003 SBS to Server 2008 Enterprise. This server holds the DNS, AD, DHCP as well as GC for the domain. It also has all the shared drives on it. Now after the format and installation all is working well except 4 of my Windows 7 pro machines won't connect to their shared folders. These people have access to email, network printers, internet, database, all except the shared drives. What is the problem here? I've done the DWORD registry modification, i've removed differention compression, i've disabled firewall and anti virus software to no avail. I've logged in as administrator and mapped a drive with success but i cannot open it. It takes forever(roughtly 2 minutes) for the drive to open then it just locks up. I've also enabled NTLM&RTLM in local security policy under lan manager. I've done the network card modification for IPV6 so it's disabled and auto negotatiion is disabled.. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I've formatted one of the machines back to XP pro 64 and all is working well, i just want to be able to fix the problems as i had future plans to upgrade the entire company to windows 7. Thanks!!
September 13th, 2010 3:33pm

I recommand to you to use this Microsoft Forum named "Small Business Server". http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/smallbusinessserver/threads I think that this is the most appropriate forum for your issue. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2010 4:05pm

I don't have that OS anymore, why would i need to use that forum? Just trying to get some information, not being a smart ____ :)
September 13th, 2010 4:24pm

I recommanded to post in this forum because I thought that the problem appeared just after the upgrade. Anyway, what are the error messages that are displayed? Is there any error messages that are registered? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
September 13th, 2010 4:28pm

I have 2008 enterprise now. There are no error messages, just looks like it's timing out..
September 14th, 2010 4:41pm

Try to re-add the problem computers to the domain and check if this solve the problem or not. If not, please make sure that: -You are using the correct DNS server for the problem computers -You have no problem with AD (run dcdiag -v and post the result here) Are you able to access the shared folders with the use of \\x.x.x.x\share (x.x.x.x is the IP address of the server)? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
September 14th, 2010 5:34pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the related error message in Event Viewer? Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you check NTFS and Sharing permissions of the shared folder. If it does not work, please run the following command, copy the result from C:\result.txt and paste the result in your next post. Cacls “Path of the shared folder” >>C:\result.txt You may also create a new sharing folder, add and assign Everyone group the Full Control NTFS and Sharing permissions to test the issue. What is the results? Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 15th, 2010 5:36am

Hello again, it's been a while. The issues still remains and i have tried a few things. I've tried adding a share by IP address and domain name and it still does not work. I've enabled NT&NTLM negotation and firewall is turned off on the server. Created a new folder and shared it to everyone with full permission, and still no go when i try to map it through Windows 7.. Call microsoft?
October 29th, 2010 12:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics