Windows 7 - 64 bit My Documents files missing
Hello, I had a power outage Aug. 9 that crashed my computer, and have not used it again until today. I am connected to a domain with a Windows 2008 server. When I tried to log in, I received "The trust relationship between this computer and the domain failed". I disconnected then reconnected to the domain, solving the trust relationship error. I did not have my original desktop, nor any of the many files in my documents, pictures, etc. I made sure hidden files were shoing and browsed to users and looked through all the profile folders, and did a search of the entire hd for "*.jpg as well as other file types and found no files. No other errors were encountered, and all my programs are still installed and available. Any ideas?
August 27th, 2010 6:25pm

Check in C:\Users folder for any profile with your username. I guess there will be two profiles one with jus your user name and other with username.domainname. The first one, jus your username, is your old profile. Jus check it out. Thanks DineshPlease vote if my answer helped you.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2010 9:44pm

Hello m_burghart, If you do not search these files on the whole hard disk. I'm afraid that these files shoule be missing on the hard disk because of unexpected power outage. Please try to restore these files by using Data recovery software. Brent Hu, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
August 30th, 2010 9:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics