Windows 7 & Windows Server 2003 on a Workgroup networking issues????
I have a workgroup setup with windows xp pro machines, windows 7 pro machine and a windows 2003 r2 standard server. The windows XP machines can access the servers just fine without any issues what so ever, but on the windows 7 pro machines, it's another story....First off, I can ping the server just fine, I can see the server under "Network" just fine, sometimes I can access the server "ONE" i repeat "ONE" time without any problems, but after a very short amount of time while browsing the share it will say "Network Path Not Found". Now if I got to an XP Pro machine I can access the share without any problems??? I have tried this..... click the start button and type secpol.msc in the search function. Browse to "Local Policies" -> "Security Options". Now look for the entry "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level" and open it. Click on the dropdown menu and select "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated". Apply the settings. In the Advanced sharing settings page of Network and sharing center, you need to have it set as Work/Home profile. Try -Enable network discovery -Turn on file and print sharing -Turn off password protected sharing -Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers The other settings such as encryption I have set as use 128 bit encryption. Please check related policies. 1. Enter “gpedit.msc” in the Start Search box. 2. Open “Computer Configuration”/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Settings. 3. In the right pane, enable the following policies: Network access: Allow anonymous SID/name translation Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users Also please disable the following policies. Network access: Restrict anonymous access to Named Pipes and Shares Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts and shares after doing that I can see the server still but again not access share or maybe it will allow me access for a little bit who knows because it is a toss up. Other times I just have to wait for a little while then I can access the share for a little bit other times I have to reboot before I can access the share again. This is so sporadic and unreliable that it is causing me a lot of headaches. How can Microsoft develop software with such drawbacks when it comes to networking...I mean that is the reason you purchase the Professional version is it not so that you have the extra networking options/capabilities. Please any help or suggesstions you may have I am willing to try at this point, from a business standpoint this is very unproductive....
April 27th, 2011 12:23pm

Hi Customer, I review your old thread, you could try to patch KB2194664 on windows7 32bit, Open KB page---click View and request hotfix downloads---click Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages---You will see patch for windows7 x86. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2194664Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2011 12:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics