Windows 2k3 R2 - disk compression issue
I got a strange issue I cannot find the cause of and need some help please. We are using Win2k3 Clustering for our File Servers attached to HP MSA2000 SAN disks. The servers has disks R:, S: and T: for share folder storage. Were currently testing the NTFS compression feature on the server and want to compress some shared folders on disk S:\ and T:\ but what we found is when we select some folders or the complete T:\ "properties" there's the option to "Compress contents" but when we select disk S:\ there's no such option to "Compress contents" the option is "greyed out". Any ideas why the feature disabled are there any settings on the disk that may be causing the feature to be disabled? Both Cluster disks are the default Windows "basic disks" and exactly the same. I just checked the disk using the esfinfo tool and ran a search to make sure there were no encrypted files and it didn't return any. efsinfo /s:s: | find ":Encrypted" and the result was 0. I'm also sure the disk is NTFS. Many thanksMomo
July 15th, 2009 7:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics