Windows 2012 RDS - Session Host servers High Availability

Hello Windows/Terminal server Champs,

I am new middle of implementing RDS environment for one of my customer, Hope you could help me out.

My customer has asked for HA for RDS session host where applications are published, and i have prepared below plan for server point of view.

2 Session Host server, 1 webaccess, 1 License/connection Broker & 1 Gateway (DMZ).

In first Phase, we are planning to target internal user who connect to Session host HA where these 2 servers will have application installed and internal user will use RDP to access these application.

In second Phase we will be dealing with external Party who connect from external network where we are planning to integrate with NetIQ => gateway => Webaccess/Session host

I have successfully installed and configured 2 Session Host, 1 license/Broker. 1 webAccess & 1 Gateway. But my main concern to have session Host High Available as it is hosting the application and most of the internal user going to use it. to configure it i am following http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753891.aspx  

However most of the Architecture is change in RDS 2012. can you please help me out to setup the Session Host HA.

Note: we can have only 1 Connection broker /Licensing server , 1 webacess server & 1 Gateway server, we cannot increase more server due to cost factor.

thanks in advance.

• Edited by Tech_Bug 2 hours 25 minutes ago
January 15th, 2014 3:45am

Firstly it is a little pointless having HA on just one part of the environment, you would want this across all the services provided by RDS. But for session host redundancy we normally achieve this with a combination of the connection broker and using a dns round robin farm name for the session hosts.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 15th, 2014 4:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics