Windows 2012 R2, Cannot add/reuse disk in storage pool

I have at 2TB disk once used in a storage pool. I have run diskpart clean, and in diskmanager it is visable and also in the Storage Spaces manager under disks. But it does not show up ind the Storage Pool under physical disks "Tasks" to add it to the pool

In the storage pool after a rescan and refresh, im still not able to add it as the add Physical disk is "greyed out" 

I tried using it as a normal disk in diskmanager and it works fine, and after this I deleted the disk volume and did a reset in the storage spaces manager

I have tried 3 other 2TB disks also previously used in a Storage pool on the same server and they are visable in the disk manager and in the Storage Pool manager and are selectable for adding to the pool,

How do I get the 2TB disk into the Staorage pool ?

Kind regrds

Eddie

February 25th, 2015 5:15am

Hi Dddie,

Please run the PowerShell command get-physicaldisk to see if the physical drive is listed.

Some other disks configurations such as using dynamic disks or disk associated to a windows server cluster storage will also mark the physical disk as not appropriate to be added to a storage pool.

For more detailed information, please see:

Using the Storage Pools page in Server Manager to create storage spaces
http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2012/12/06/using-the-storage-pools-page-in-server-manager-to-create-storage-spaces.aspx

Best Regards,

Mandy
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2015 4:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics