Windows 2008r2 domain controller setup
I am getting ready to add my first 2008r2 DC to a 2003 domain. No-one here know if the initial forest/domain prep was run. Would it hurt to run this again or is there a way to tell if it has been run? Thanks, norman mattox
September 6th, 2012 3:34pm

Would it hurt to run this again NO, there won't be any problems if you run those again. is there a way to tell if it has been run? Yes, Logs can be found in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Debug\Adprep\Logs on DC which holds schema master role. I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2012 3:43pm

In addition to Santosh, you can also check objectVersion attribute value 47 which tells you that your schema version for Windows Server 2008 R2. Run this command. adfind sc schver
September 6th, 2012 6:32pm

Hi, I agree with the above suggestions, for version number of windows: Windows 2000 RTM with all Service packs = Schema version 13 Windows Server 2003 RTM with all Service packs = Schema version 30 Windows Server 2003 R2 RTM with all Service packs = Schema version 31 Windows Server 2008 RTM with all Service packs = Schema version 44 Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM with all Service packs = Schema version 47 Windows Server 2012 RC = Schema version 56 You can check the version in the registry: Registry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\<Schema Version> dsquery: dsquery * CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-Domain -Scope Base -attr objectVersion ADSIEdit: open ADSIEdit and navigate to "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local", right-click "Properties" and locate "objectVersion" attribute value How to find the current Schema Version http://support.microsoft.com/kb/556086 Regards, Yan Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here. Yan Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2012 2:33am

Hi, Any update about the issue? Regards, Yan Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Yan Li TechNet Community Support
September 10th, 2012 5:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics