Windows 2008 w/ SP2 Networking disabled after turning off UAC
Have seen this on 2 successive installs of Windows 2008 w/sp2 - turned off UAC - rebooted the server and now the networking and sharing center hangs, RDP sessions are not available and network access is no longer working. I cannot access the nic properties - network properties for Discovery, etc.. I haven't seen this before on any installs - the media is from MVLS.sysadmin
May 2nd, 2010 5:44pm

What's in the system event log since last boot? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 2nd, 2010 8:10pm

Hi, Thanks for the post. I am wondering if you have tried to turn on UAC and check it again. If so, does it work? Also is the current user with the local administrative priviledge? Please take the time to collect the relevant information for futher research. 1. Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reports http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en 2. Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", “Internet and Networking”, click Next. 3. After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Please send the files to me directly at tfwst@microsoft.com Thanks, Miles
May 3rd, 2010 12:50pm

Hi, If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let me know. We are looking forward to your reply.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 7th, 2010 5:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics