Windows 2008 site to site tunnel (RRAS) - ports being blocked between subnets
Hi, I am having an issues with Windows 2008 site to site tunnel. Basically I have a tunnel setup between 2 sites as follows: Site 1 - 192.168.1.0/24 Site 2 - 192.168.2.0/24 RRAS Demand Dial interfaces are configures and sites are fully routable. Hosts on one side of the subnet can communicate with hosts on the other side fine. My only problem is that the RRAS servers have limited connectivity between each other. The only traffice that will pass between the servers is File Sharing. Anything else (e.g. RDP, HTTP, DNS,e.t.c.) will fail. Any Ideas? I want to configure the 2 AD forests to trust each other and allow for each site to view other websites e.t.c. One funny thing is that tracrt from hosts to hosts between subnets will work fine, but server to server you will get lots of timeouts with completely different results to the hosts. I appreciate any assistance.
October 26th, 2010 8:27am

Hi, Thank you for your post here. From the description that tracert from host to host in each site works fine, can you confirm that other traffic (RDP) works well too? If yes, I think the routing between the sites is well. You should double check the Windows firewall to make sure all these traffic above are permitted in the firewall.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 27th, 2010 1:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics