Windows 2008 server standard sp2 vpn.
Hi Everyone, I have the following issue with windows 2008 standard server. currently we are running an win2003 box that is setup for vpn. We configure the win2008 box for vpn the same as the win2003 box. Adding the vpn policy in the NPS. We are using on both box Dydns updater utillity to get an QFDN due to the adsl been dynamic ips. When using the dyndns port utility when the ip is pointing to the win2003 box it shows open. but when the ip is pointing to the win2008 box shows timed out. I have disable firewall,anti-virus etc. with the same result. the win2008 box is standard sp2 When I am connected localy I can connect to the vpn. but when I try to connect form the outside I get error 800. Like I said all ports are open pptp, gre both on the router and on the nat. any help will be great full. Thank you! Regards, spl
May 14th, 2010 12:10pm

Error 800 is just a general failure message. On the client, set the option to use PPTP rather than Automatic and see if you get a more meanungful message. Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2010 5:14am

Hi Bill, With Windows 7 Pro I getting any 807 error: The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Try to reconnect to the VPN server. and with Windows XP Pro I getting error 678: the remoter computer did not respond. This must be at the server side of things that is blocking the traffic??? Gerrit
May 17th, 2010 4:53pm

Yes, sounds like a firewall problem between client and server. Bill
May 18th, 2010 4:02am

I have disable the firewall with the command line. Disable anti-virus + windows Defender as well. With the same resaults. Any other ideas? Will be gratefully! Gerrit
May 18th, 2010 1:44pm

GRE problems will usually give you a 721 error. 678 usually indicates a basic network problem rather than a filtering problem. Bill
May 19th, 2010 2:28am

Dear All, Yes, I have the same problem When I am connected localy I can connect to the vpn. but when I try to connect form the outside I get error 800. do you have any solution to solve this problem? Thanks
May 29th, 2010 10:44am

Hello, I have the same problem. We have 1 windows Server 2008 standard and 1 windows xp pro. When I try to connect with the w2008 I get errors like 800,801, 7xx and many others. But, when I configure the router to redirect ports to the windows xp pro all works fine. The problem is the windows 2008 configuration right? Any solution? Thanks
June 3rd, 2010 1:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics