Windows 2008 server filters
Message: I am currently taking ancommunity college courseon Windows server 2008 and am unable to find an answer to a question I have. Hopefully you can help. The question reads as follows: You have recently taken over the administration of a small Windows Server 2008 network. Your predeccessor did not leave any documentation concerning the software and services that are in use on the network, so you decide to use Network Monitor to determine what kind of network traffic is being passed to and from a particular Windows Server 2008 server. Using the built-in capture and display filters in Network Monitor, name 5 of the filters that you can apply and provide the command used to create each of them. Please assist me with this question.
September 29th, 2009 8:08pm

Hi Clarence parks,thank you for posting in windows server forums, i have read your post and i understood till using netmon and find out the traffic can you please eloborate on this statement "name 5 of the filters that you can apply and provide the command used to create each of them" what does this means,please understnad that netmon will have default parsers installed for each protocol, and using the parsers either netmon or ethereal will display the packets info. this holds good for all the protocols , and if you develop your own protocol you have to write the parser for ethereal / netmon to understand it.sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2009 4:59am

Hi clarence parks, did you had a chance to go through the earlier post , if so please do reply back so taht we can work together to resolve the questionssainath !analyze
October 2nd, 2009 4:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics