Windows 2008 server R2 networking problem
I have just purchased a Proliant dl 370 g6 and I installed Windows server 2008 r2 without any issues. It has a 4 nics on one card in the back. I assigned an ip from our private network and when I connected it to our network it came up with the message asking me to assign it to a type of network. (NLA) I assigned it to Work type and everything was ok. After I downloaded some software from hp, installed it, and rebooted it the nic says it is unassigned and my network access is gone. How do I set it back to work. I cannot seem to find any answers that work on the internet.
October 20th, 2011 5:30pm

By the way I have disabled the other 4 nics. They will not be used for quite some time. I just need this nic to get to my work network. Help
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2011 5:34pm

To troubleshoot this, I would open a command prompt and first verify your IP settings. Make sure that your IP is unique on that subnet, that you have the correct subnet mask, and default gateway. You may want to compare the results of IPCONFIG /all to another working system on that subnet. Then, try to ping another host on that subnet and try to ping your gateway. Feel free to post the results of your IPCONFIG /all for more assistance. Guides and tutorials, visit ITGeared.com.
October 20th, 2011 9:30pm

What software? proliant support pack? Any errors in Device Management? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
October 20th, 2011 9:43pm

Another thought. You say you disabled the other four. Are you by chance plugged into the ILO port? If so enable and use one of the group of four for normal LAN traffic. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
October 20th, 2011 9:47pm

Hi, Also for troubleshooting you may temp stop all firewall services for all profiles with : cmd >nets top bfe Will appreciate if you give feedback if this has helped you. If yes please select “Mark as answer”. Best Regards, Spas Kaloferov [ MCITP: SA7 | EA7 | VA7 | EDA7 |DBA10 | DBD10 | BID10 | EMA14 | SPA14 ] NetShell Services & Solutions | “Design the future with simplicity and elegance” Visit me at: www.spaskaloferov.com | www: www.netshell-solutions.com
October 21st, 2011 4:40am

Thanks for all the replies. I know I said other four nics. I meant to say 3 other nics on the same card. I "know" I am not plugged into the ILO port. The network connection shows as Unidentified. However that being said I will try another IP on the qsame private subnet just to verify I am stepping on someone else's IP. I will update in a few.
October 24th, 2011 5:02pm

Tiger, Thanks for making me check my settings. Looks like the Proliant support pack reset my default gateway to nothing. My bad Thanks again all for the help. BTW, I do not like NLA at all.
October 24th, 2011 5:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics