Windows 2008 r2 Unable to boot
Windows fail to start & I have only two options. Start windows normally or launch startup repair(recomended). I did many times startup repair with comand prompt Recovery/StartRep.exe which failed to repair. Since I don't have system image backup I couldn't recover from CD. The other option windows memorey diagonistic founds no error. I tried also Chkdsk repair with no reslut. I need help to recover my virtual machine which has a lot of projects in it. My physical machine is windows 7. I appericiate any help I would get.
March 29th, 2012 10:35pm

Before making any repair, To copy back your data, just make that; Open a command prompt diskpart select vdisk file="c:\path\to\vm\hdd.vhd" attach vdisk readonly From there, copy the data, it will open up as another's drive. (in the command prompt when finished to copy the data) detach vdisk exit For the Windows 2008R2 try to start it in safe mode at first.MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2012 11:21pm

Thanks for the reply. But, F8 ain't working & I couldn't start the machine in safe mode. One more thing when I select view advanced mode recovery option it won't popup. Again Thanks for the help.
March 29th, 2012 11:32pm

First, did you copied your data somewhere's else ? After, If startrep fail my last idea is to run sfc. sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (I assume c:\, correct it if it's another letter) MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
March 29th, 2012 11:56pm

Thanks man for the help. But I couldn't recover my machine & same old issue continues.
March 30th, 2012 7:19pm

No problem, my doubth was if startrep.exe & sfc was not working the next was to re-installMCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
March 30th, 2012 9:03pm

Do you have a guideline to re-install & recover part or whole of my documents? You are a great help already.
March 31st, 2012 2:10am

Hi, As its a virtual machine, you can create a new virtual machine and then attach the virtual disk of the broken virtual machine to get your documents. Vincent Hu TechNet Community Support
April 2nd, 2012 2:43am

Hi, As its a virtual machine, you can create a new virtual machine and then attach the virtual disk of the broken virtual machine to get your documents. Vincent Hu TechNet Community Support
April 2nd, 2012 9:40am

The diskpart's way was my guidance, it map the virtual disk under another's letter in the host OS. (like you can do that from your Win7 and it will show up as another drive letter, like an USB stick) (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/8043.how-to-compact-a-dynamic-vhd-with-diskpart.aspx from a small article I did (that show a bit how to make it, but just forget the compact stuff)) Or like Vincent Hu tell, to map it from another virtual machine. MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
April 2nd, 2012 11:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics