Windows 2008 r2 Document Redirection
Hi I have a weird problem that we are noticing with Document redirection on Windows 2008 r2. Are students get a home folder mapped to them in the form of \\server\yeargroup$\$username$ The majority of our clients are Windows XP, however we have begun testing Windows 7 in school. Today I noticed on the server that some of the Users folder have simply been renamed Documents' However if it type the orginal UNC path in it takes me to the correct destination location so for example i run \\server\2006intake$\ksait takes me to my documents folder on the server. If I look in the address bar it only shows \\server\2006intake$\documents The GPO for student folder redirection points to %homeshare%%homepath% and is applied to Windows 7 and previous versions So I am getting yeargroup getting fuller with these Documents folders. Many thanks in advance KevinKevin Sait
May 18th, 2011 10:12am

this folder name change is only a cosmetic thing. The name is displayed as such, but the folder itself is not renamed. The settings fo this are in desktop.ini I refer to this KB article for more info. MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 18th, 2011 10:38am

Hi Kevin, According to your description, the article SenneVL provided can be applied for your scenario. To work around this behavior, please use one of the methods listed. If anything is unclear, please let us know. Best Regards, Nina Liu TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 19th, 2011 6:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics