Windows 2008 Web server pagefile
Following article should help ( Applicable to to Windows 2008 Web Server as well ) Best Practices for setting up Page File and Minimum Drive Size required for OS partition on Windows Servers http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13383.best-practices-for-setting-up-page-file-and-minimum-drive-size-required-for-os-partition-on-windows-servers.aspx ThanksRegards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
November 13th, 2012 9:10am

Very interesting post, thank you. I've already set the page file to system managed.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 19th, 2012 5:13am

I have been looking around the web for an answer but all I could find we're about enterprise servers so I'll just make a question for it. I just installed a Windows 2008 Web server(Windows Server Web SP1). Now I would like to move the page file to a different hard drive to increase performance. However I couldn't find a proper answer to what I am looking for: What is the appropriate page file size for Initial and Maximum? It's 64bit architecture with 2x 3.00 GHz Intel Xeon and 5GB ram installed. Can someone please help me out?
November 19th, 2012 11:01am

Following article should help ( Applicable to to Windows 2008 Web Server as well ) Best Practices for setting up Page File and Minimum Drive Size required for OS partition on Windows Servers http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13383.best-practices-for-setting-up-page-file-and-minimum-drive-size-required-for-os-partition-on-windows-servers.aspx ThanksRegards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 19th, 2012 12:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics